Eligibility for Challenges
- Unless otherwise stated, our Challenges are only open to entry from institutions that are registered UKMT centres, and not to individual students or parents, nor to private tutors.
- You must adhere to the eligibility criteria for a Challenge and accept full responsibility for ensuring that only eligible students take part.
- By placing an order, you accept responsibility for ensuring that that the Challenge is taken on the dates specified by us, if applicable. Failure to do so may lead to the withholding of Challenge results, disqualification from follow-on rounds or any other measure that we deem appropriate.
- By placing an order on behalf of an institution, you confirm that you have any necessary authority and permission to do so.
- It is essential that you follow your institution’s rules and include any appropriate information when placing the order; for example, providing an official purchase order number at the point of purchase if this is required to be displayed on the invoice.
- We reserve the right to refuse any order if we believe there is a legitimate reason for doing so.
- Payment is due within 30 calendar days of the date the order is processed; the payment due date is displayed on the invoice.
- Payment must be made in sterling. You are liable for any bank charges incurred for paying by sterling.
- By placing an order you are accepting responsibility for ensuring that the invoice is paid in full and on time.
- Failure to meet these payment terms may lead to your institution’s temporary or permanent removal as a UKMT centre, the withholding of Challenge results or any other measure that we deem appropriate.
If you order a 'Paper (QP posted)' version of the Senior, Intermediate or Junior Challenges, only question papers will be posted to you. These will be sent for the attention of the person named during the checkout process at least one week before the date of the Challenge. The answers sheets will need to be downloaded from your Challenges Profile. If you have not received your question papers one week before the date of the Challenge then please contact us stating your order number.
Cancellations and returns
- If for any reason you can no longer participate in a Mathematical Challenge or Mathematical Olympiad then you may withdraw from the Challenge by contacting us, quoting your order number. A refund of any entry fees paid will be issued provided you notify us at least 30 calendar days before the date of the Challenge and provided we have not already dispatched the Challenge question papers to you.
- If a Mathematical Challenge is cancelled by us we will contact you with options regarding reimbursing your payment. If a Mathematical Olympiad is cancelled by us, and you have made a chargeable (discretionary) entry, we will contact you with options regarding reimbursing your payment. This will not be offered for those who have been invited to participate free of charge in any follow-on round (e.g. Olympiad or Kangaroo) as payment for the first round (Challenge) only guarantees first round entry.
- If for any reason you can no longer participate in a Regional Final of the Team or Senior Team Maths Challenge then you may withdraw from the competition by contacting us, quoting your order number. A refund of any entry fees paid will be issued provided you notify us at least one calendar month before the date of the Regional Final.
- If a Regional Final of the Team or Senior Team Maths Challenge is cancelled by us at short notice (for example in the case of extreme weather) then we will refund any paid entry fees but will not pay any other compensation.
Orders from our online shop
We aim to process and dispatch orders within two working days. However, we have a small staff and during busy periods may take up to a week to process and dispatch orders. We will notify you when your order has been dispatched.
Cancellations and returns
You may cancel your order up to 14 days after your order is delivered by contacting us. Returns are at your own expense, and we will only issue refunds if items returned are resalable as new. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Please note that Amazon FBA deals with all customer service and returns relating to UKMT publications sold via the Amazon website, so if you have a query relating to an Amazon purchase, you will need to raise this through their customer service platform.