Are you passionate about advancing the education of young people in mathematics?
Inspirational volunteers are at the very centre of our organisation.
We have over 400 volunteers working across the United Kingdom who are helping to encourage and excite the next generation of young mathematicians.
Bring your mathematical enthusiasm to UKMT and join our talented team. Join a community of likeminded volunteers, learn new skills and develop mathematical problem solving in a wide group of young people.
Volunteering with us can be a very rewarding experience. There are excellent opportunities for professional development and valuable work experience.
There are a range of volunteer roles available in diverse activities:
- Join our Mentoring Scheme.
- As our mentees all start the programme at the start of the academic year, these roles have a June/ July onboarding and a September start date.
- Help to run our Team Events.
- This could involve: question setting, quality checking or attending schools near you to ensure the event runs smoothly.
- This could involve attending in order to: deliver a session, assist in the delivery of a session, provide pastoral assistance.
- Develop questions, engage in quality assurance or mark Competition Papers.
- This could involve: attending online discussions, submitting suggestions to a Problem Group, attending marking events either online or in person.
- Further roles that may become available are: committee positions across our programmes, ad-hoc project work and writing or proof-reading material.
Please note, the above roles become available throughout the year as and when we require new volunteers for each of our events and programmes. We encourage you to join our Volunteer Pool, where you will join our mailing list and receive updates to let you know when we are recruiting for these roles.
When are actively recruiting and have volunteering opportunities to be filled they will be detailed in the Live Volunteering Opportunities section of this page. If you are interested but there are no opportunities then please join our Volunteer Pool.
Join our Volunteer Pool
Please complete this online form to register your interest in volunteering with UKMT.
Our Volunteering Manager can provide further information about any roles that you are interested in or support you throughout the recruitment process. Please email the Volunteering Manager at email@example.com.
Once you submit your interest, you can expect to hear from us within 5 working days. The following process is then followed:
- Phone call with the Volunteering Manager for an introductory chat, where you can ask any questions you may have to decide if volunteering with UKMT is right for you.
- If deemed eligible and suitable to volunteer, confirmation that you are being added to our volunteer pool.
- We will then contact you to discuss potential roles as and when they arise, as you will be in our mailing list you will be one of the first to know about any new opportunities. You will also receive our monthly newsletter, keeping you updated on UKMT activities and developments.
- When a role you are interested in is available, the selection process will be detailed in the advert, including additional checks, such as ID and DBS. The checks are dependent on the role and follow our safer recruitment practices.
Live Volunteering Opportunities
Pink Kangaroo Chair - role summary here.
Applicants will be screened on a rolling basis; early application is encouraged.
Please visit this page again soon as multiple new roles are to be listed shortly.
Safer Recruitment Statement
The Trust is committed to practices that protect children from harm. The suitability of new volunteers will be assessed during our application process for each role. New volunteers may be required to undertake a DBS check before commencing volunteering activity. Further details can be found in our safeguarding policy.