Free enrichment events to engage and enthuse
Mathematical Circles are designed for young people with an interest in mathematics. They aim to promote mathematical thinking and provide an opportunity for participants to meet other students who enjoy mathematics.
Over two consecutive days, students will take part in demanding and stimulating sessions led by experienced mathematics communicators.
The events are open to students in Year 10 (England and Wales), S3 (Scotland) or Year 11 (Northern Ireland).
We will send invitations directly to schools in the vicinity of each event in good time.
Events scheduled for 2018-19
- Glasgow (University of Strathclyde): 10-11 September 2018
- Winchester (St Swithun's): 16-17 October 2018
- Wells (Wells Cathedral School): 8-9 November 2018
- Edinburgh (International Centre for Mathematical Sciences): 14-15 January 2019
- Canterbury (University of Kent): 10-11 June 2019
- Rickmansworth (The Royal Masonic School): 19-20 June 2019
- London (St Paul's School): 20-21 June 2019
- Exeter (Exeter Maths School): 2-3 July 2019
- Leeds (University of Leeds): 8-9 July 2019
We do our best to hold Mathematical Circles across the UK. In previous years events have taken place in Cambridge, Exeter, Glasgow, Gloucester, Greenwich, Harrogate, Hull, Lincoln, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Oldham, Oundle, Oxford, St Albans, Warwick, Wakefield, Watford, Weymouth, Workington and Yarm.
Would you like to host a Mathematical Circle?
If you are interested in hosting an event at your school or giving a session at a Mathematical Circle, please get in touch.
Can you help us?
If you or someone you know has benefited from our activities then please consider making a donation.
Find out more about volunteering with us.